We are currently accepting submission for our Fall 2018 Issue
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 15TH 2018
The Kitchen Sink, a literary magazine for the indecisive reader is seeking submissions for its first themed issue, “Three Birds Dreaming.”
- Submissions must be under 5,000 words and fall into one of the following five categories: horror/thriller, history/western, fantasy/sci-fi, crime/mystery, and romance. Please note submission containing erotica centered writing will not be accepted.
- We accept fiction only, no flash. All works must be self-contained, no multi-part submissions, however authors are free to submit more than one piece in any of the listed categories.
- We encourage you to incorporate the theme "Three Birds Dreaming," into your short, but you may submit unrelated material that does not include the theme for this first issue. If you choose to write a short story around the theme, it is open to creative interpretation including, but not limited to: dialogue, setting, characters, and plot, or theme. You may use the phrase directly in your writing but cannot use it as your title or have your tittle relating to the phrase.
- The Kitchen Sink requests First North American Serial Rights. After publication, all rights revert to the author. All accepted work will be archived online. In addition, we ask that any future publications of the accepted work are acknowledged back to The Kitchen Sink.
Want to be part of our blog?
- We accept book reviews, movie reviews, writing prompt ideas, as well as tips on new and writer-block stricken writers. Any free form art and non-related interesting content will be assessed on an as needed and individual basis.
- Just head over to the submit page and select blog under the genre drop down menu and submit your post as a word document with any pictures you wish to accompany your post.